How to Activate
To activate ZoomText, you will need your ZoomText serial number, provided with your purchased copy. If you upgraded to ZoomText 10.1 from a previous version, you will also need the older serial number (version 10 or earlier). If that previous version is already installed on your system, we will fill in automatically for you.
Where to find your ZoomText serial number
- On the ZoomText CD sleeve
- On the product registration card
- On the top of the ZoomText product box
- On the back of the ZoomText User’s Guide
Note: If you purchased ZoomText 10.1 from Ai Squared’s online store, your product serial number will be included in your purchase confirmation email.
The Activation Process
During the 60-day trial period, each time you start ZoomText the Activation Wizard appears. The wizard presents the following options for you to choose from:
- Option 1: I have a serial number and want to activate ZoomText
Choose this option if you have already purchased or been provided with a ZoomText product and you’re ready to activate the software. The wizard will guide you through the activation process.
- Option 2: I want to purchase ZoomText
Choose this option if you are ready to purchase a ZoomText product. The wizard will display information on how to purchase ZoomText.
- Option 3: I want to try ZoomText
Choose this option if you want to run ZoomText in trial mode. Trial mode allows you to use ZoomText for up to 60 days. When the 60-day trial period expires, you must activate ZoomText to continue using it.
When you choose to activate ZoomText you are prompted to enter your product serial number. Once you have entered your serial number, the manner in which activation is completed depends on whether or not you have an Internet connection.
- If you are connected to the Internet your serial number and system code are automatically passed to the Ai Squared activation server for validation. An activation code is then passed back to your computer, activating your ZoomText license. This process takes just a few seconds to complete.
- If you are not connected to the Internet the wizard displays your serial number and system code, along with instructions on how to manually obtain an activation code. An activation code can be obtained from Ai Squared’s activation website (using another computer that is connected to the Internet), or by contacting Ai Squared’s Product Support department.
Telephone activation support is available Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm Eastern Time.
In North America, call toll-free (866) 331-1233
Outside North America, call (802) 362-5393
Activating a Magnifier/Reader installation with a Magnifier serial number
If you have installed the ZoomText Magnifier/Reader software and then activate ZoomText using a Magnifier serial number, the software will convert to a ZoomText Magnifier product – i.e. all screen reading features will be disabled. To regain the use of the screen reading features, you must purchase a Magnifier/Reader serial number and reactivate ZoomText.
Activating ZoomText on more than one computer
With single-user versions of ZoomText, you can install and activate ZoomText on up to three computers (in accordance with the ZoomText Software License Agreement). Multiple activations are provided to accommodate individuals that use more than one computer, such as a home computer, a work computer and a laptop computer. While ZoomText may be installed on up to three computers, use of the collective installations is restricted to one user at any given time.
Multi-user standalone versions of ZoomText provide one activation per licensed user.